Tuesday, January 24, 2012

HORIZON release day!


The AFTERTIME series wraps up today with the release of the third and final installment.

I wrote HORIZON in a breathless burst of adrenaline in 2011 following a series of discussions I had with Adam Wilson (my editor) and Barbara Poelle (my agent). I can’t begin to tell you how important they were to this series: it truly was a team effort, bubbling out of our conversations about how the damaged world evolved, and how the characters would react to each other and the challenges they faced.

I’ve never written anything like this series before, and while I certainly hope I get to write more imagined-world fiction in the future, I doubt I’ll ever dig deeper into my dreams and nightmares than I did in AFTERTIME, REBIRTH, and now HORIZON. I expanded my view of what it means to be heroic, as well as my understanding of the parameters of romantic love.

I've been touched by the response to this series from readers, and the support of some very generous reviewers. In particular, Paul Goat Allen and Jim Killen at Barnes & Noble were wonderful and encouraging, and Abigail at All Things Urban Fantasy made me feel like I'd managed to write from the heart.

Here's some advance praise for HORIZON:

“Of the 400+ books that have been reviewed on this site, only one series has received perfect 5/5 ratings for every book: the Aftertime series by Sophie Littlefield. I can’t really believe it myself, but each book really is that good, and HORIZON is the perfect conclusion.” – All Things Urban Fantasy

“It is the depth of raw emotion that makes this series, and this installment most of all, so compelling.” 5/5 rating - A Book Obsession

“ Love, life-changing choices, chilling and horrific situations revealed through seamless and evocative writing, HORIZON is a must-read for post-apocalyptic and zombie fans!” 4.5/5 rating - Romance Junkies

“Ends with loss and with hope…an amazing series that needs to be read in its entirety.”- Red Hot Books

“What an incredible ending to a great series!” -Badass Book Reviews

“Littlefield has the ability to make you experience every emotion in this dystopian world.” - Blood Rose Books

2 comments:

GunDiva said...

Happy Release Day!

You are rocking - I don't know how on earth you manage to write so many books in such a short amount of time and still have a life. And they're all amazing.

Can't wait to read this one :)

ahz1 said...

Congrats on the release of your book!