Came back from RWA (will post pix soon) in Orlando to discover some very nice news indeed - A BAD DAY FOR SORRY has been nominated for a Crimespree award!
Big thanks to all the folks over at Crimespree who've been so sweet to me since I was a beginning beginner, long before I ever had a publishing contract. They're good people and they knock themselves out to support authors, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Here's the full list. It's especially fun to be up with my friend Jamie Freveletti along with a nice showing from my publisher, St. Martin's/Minotaur.
Favorite Book of 2009:
• Bury Me Deep, by Megan Abbott (Simon & Schuster)
• Tower, by Ken Bruen and Reed Farrel Coleman (Busted Flush Press)
• Trust No One, by Gregg Hurwitz (St. Martin’s Press)
• The Mystic Arts of Erasing All Signs of Death, by Charlie Huston (Ballantine Books)
• The Amateurs, Marcus Sakey (Dutton)
Favorite First Book 2009:
• The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, by Alan Bradley (Delacorte)
• Running from the Devil, by Jamie Freveletti (Morrow)
• Even, by Andrew Grant (Minotaur)
• A Bad Day for Sorry, by Sophie Littlefield (Minotaur)
• The Ghosts of Belfast, by Stuart Neville (Soho Crime)
Best Book in an Ongoing Series for 2009:
• The Silent Hour, by Michael Koryta (Minotaur)
• Shatter, by Michael Robotham (Doubleday)
• The Shanghai Moon, by S.J. Rozan (Minotaur)
• Walking Dead, by Greg Rucka (Bantam)
• Truth, by Peter Temple (Farrar, Straus and Giroux)